We discussed a variety of topics at our league meeting on August 21st with the majority of time being spent on the topics of referee safety and parent behavior as well as the league calendar for the upcoming season. All coordinators will be sent a survey on August 22nd asking important questions about gym availability for a few key weekends. We need a point person from each organization to fill out the survey no later than August 29th so we can finalize the league calendar for the 2019-20 season.
League games will tentatively be played on the following weekends, but this will be finalized after we analyze the results of the survey. Many options were discussed but the majority of attendees 1) did not want to play the tournament on March 8th and 2) cannot host league games on December 21.
- December 7, 14
- January 4, 11, 18, 25
- February 1, 8, 15, 22 (week 10 of 2nd-6th regular season and 7th-12th tournament)
- February 29 (3rd-6th tournament)
Other items discussed:
- When filling out gym availability for facilities with multiple gyms, if each gym/court has the same available hours, you can check a box to indicate this and only fill out the availability form for one of the gyms and it will be copied to the other gyms in the facility.
- When filling out a player waiver, all parties involved will be notified via email. A reminder that the league also needs to approve all player waivers.
- We will be inviting teams from the Dayton Metro and GCCYS leagues to the Preseason Shootout this year. The Shootout will take place on November 9th and 10th.
- Individual teams will now be able to register and pay on-line for the Preseason Shootout. Most teams are registered in bulk by their organization as the organization pays the $50 registration fee. However, some organizations have their individual teams pay so this new functionality should help that process out quite a bit.
- We will be hosting a Coaches Clinic in October and possibly a Parent Clinic(s). More to come on that.
- Ben met with state officials to discuss pending legislation that is meant to better protect referees. This serious problem continues to worsen.
- A reminder that the referee fee was raised to $30/referee this season as voted on and approved in our March meeting.
- If you will be registering 7th-12th grade teams, make sure you provide Sunday gym time as we will be scheduling as many of those games on Sundays to help with the growing referee shortage issue.